BCX spins off Netcampus subsidiary - TechCentral

BCX spins off Netcampus subsidiary

Telkom’s BCX said on Tuesday that it is selling its wholly owned Netcampus subsidiary to management and its Telkom FutureMakers enterprise development programme.

Netcampus managing executive Tebogo Makgatho is taking 70% of the company, with FutureMakers holding the remaining 30%, BCX said.

“As a result of this sale, Netcampus will be able to reach a larger customer base and showcase BCX’s commitment to furthering the business impact of black- and female-owned businesses,” BCX said in a statement.

Netcampus is an ICT training solutions provider, offering technical and soft-skill courses for ICT professionals. Until now, it has been the internal ICT training service provider for BCX and has been marketed to BCX customers for their training needs.

“With the completion of this transaction, Netcampus will now be able to focus on their core strengths and more effectively compete in the ICT sector with a stronger market offering. It will also be able to pursue opportunities outside of the BCX group of companies.”

“Even though Netcampus is one of our niche subsidiaries, we feel that this sale allows them the chance to become a major player in the ICT learning and development space,” said BCX CEO Ian Russell in the statement.

Netcampus will remain a service provider for BCX and Telkom and will still be used for ICT training and skills development purposes.  — (c) 2017 NewsCentral Media

Comments are closed.