Huawei has joined Samsung in announcing its first foldable smartphone, with a flexible phone-sized screen that opens out to a tablet-sized device.
But how do the two new devices compare?
Samsung Galaxy Fold
- A 4.6-inch HD+ Super Amoled front display, with the device unfolding to reveal a 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic Amoled flexible screen inside.
- Six cameras in total — a single 10-megapixel selfie camera on the front of the device, a triple rear camera system, and dual cameras on the tablet display.
- 12GB RAM and 512GB storage.
- 4 380mAh battery.
- US$1 980 (R27 700 before duties and other taxes), likely to be available to consumer in May.
Huawei Mate X
- A 6.6-inch foldable FullView display on the front, with a second 6.38-inch display on the rear of the device. These then unfold to create an eight-inch tablet display.
- Triple lens Leica camera system.
- 5G ready.
- 8GB RAM and 512GB storage.
- 4 500mAh battery with SuperCharge capability.
- €2 299 (R36 500 before duties and other taxes), available in the the “middle of 2019”.