FNB has announced sweeping changes to its eBucks loyalty programme, including giving clients the ability to earn double their fuel rewards on a quarterly basis with up to R8/l back at Engen petrol stations.
Other new earn categories that are launching include earning up to 15% back in eBucks at KFC stores and up to 40% back in eBucks on InterCape bus rides for FNB Gold customers.
The changes, FNB said, will also make it easier for FNB and RMB Private Bank clients to move up reward levels.
Since inception in 2000, eBucks has paid out over R12.3-billion in rewards to its members, with members spending R11-billion of these rewards.
Highlights of this year’s earn rule changes are:
- No minimum eBucks required to qualify for discounts when booking flights on eBucks Travel;
- eBucks Rewards members will have the ability to book international and domestic flights on the FNB banking app;
- eBucks members will have an opportunity to earn double their fuel rewards with up to R8/l back in eBucks at Engen. (This reward applies once a quarter in addition to a customer’s normal earn of up to R4/l every month. The qualifying requirements that need to be met monthly per quarter are 100% fuel spend at Engen stations; a vehicle finance agreement with WesBank, FNB Vehicle Finance, Toyota Financial Services and/or Volkswagen Financial Services; and the vehicle’s details must be loaded onto nav» Car on the FNB App;
- Qualifying Easy Account customers who have FNB Connect Sim cards will now earn R50 back in FNB Connect airtime monthly by swiping R1 or more at Usave, Checkers or Shoprite. FNB Easy customers who aren’t FNB Connect subscribers will continue to earn R15 back in prepaid airtime on any South African mobile network of their choice;
- Gold account customers will move up a reward level by collecting points, giving them more flexibility and opportunities to maximise their rewards and move up levels;
- Earn categories applicable to Gold customers include up to 40% back in eBucks on Intercape bus rides and up to 15% back in eBucks on KFC purchases;
- Other new earn categories, applicable to all qualifying members, include up to 4% back in eBucks on FNB Global Debit Card purchases; up to 40% back in eBucks on FNB Life Insurance (Simplified and Customised); up to 15% back in eBucks on Uber Eats orders; and monthly benefits with Kauai;
- The amount of points required per reward level have been reduced for FNB Premier, Private Clients, Private Wealth and RMB Private bank accounts; and
- eBucks members will now be able to spend their eBucks to pay for Computicket events under the “eBucks Tickets” tab on eBucks.com.
These changes “in no way represent the complete programme rules with regard to qualifying, moving up a rewards level and earning eBucks, and members should check eBucks.com and e-mail notifications for a comprehensive list of changes that apply to them,” FNB said. — © 2019 NewsCentral Media