Due to some improvement in the power system, Eskom will not implement any load shedding on Wednesday, the state-owned power utility said.
Browsing: News
All the latest technology news from South Africa and around the world.
Cosatu said it won’t reach a pact with business on how to resolve the debt crisis at Eskom by the time President Cyril Ramaphosa gives his state-of-the-nation speech on Thursday.
Remgro’s CIVH has made it crystal clear that it wants to be a major player in South Africa’s planned wholesale open-access network and has lobbied communications regulator Icasa to provide strong support to the new entity.
MTN Group’s headline earnings per share will rise by as much as 50% in the year ended 31 December 2019, it said in a trading statement issued after markets closed in Johannesburg on Tuesday.
South Africa’s power cuts hurt the economy in the fourth quarter, and two data points on Tuesday showed just how bad it was.
Despite an imminent government decision on the future of e-tolls, the department of transport has published revised tariffs for the Gauteng Freeway Improvement Project that will be effective from 1 March.
Samsung Electronics is expected to unveil a range of new flagship smartphones on Tuesday night, including its latest foldable handset and its new Galaxy S20 series.
Eskom has lost its bid to have a court overrule the state energy regulator and allow higher tariffs.
Vestas Wind Systems is shopping for a new buyer for its 12.5% stake in Africa’s largest wind farm after Google dropped plans to purchase it following project delays.
EOH Holdings has announced that Andrew Mthembu has been appointed as full-time chairman following the death last month of previous chairman Xolani Mkhwanazi.










