Organisations have until 1 July 2021 to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act (Popia). As this deadline looms, companies are either scrambling to cover all their bases, or are completely unsure as to whether it will impact them.
Some common misconceptions include:
- “It’s not going to affect my business.”
- “This is a toothless dragon.”
- “This is a consent-based legislation, not much to worry about.”
- “Popia says only collect minimal data that is stored in systems.”
- “A customer can’t simply ask for the data that we have on them.”
- “We may have to destroy customer data right after using it.”
- “Popia is a technology problem and will be solved by IT.”
- “We have outsourced processing to a subcontractor, so a data breach is not my problem.”
If these thoughts, or similar ones have crossed your mind, the upcoming TechCentral webinar, focusing on Popia, has been designed for you. Join technical and legal experts who will debunk common myths around the Popia legislation.
Date: Tuesday, 24 November 2020
Time: 10am to 11am
While attendance is free, space is limited. We are pleased to offer you preferential access to this event by clicking here. Giveaway up for grabs on the day.
The line-up for the day
We look forward to hosting you.
- This promoted content was paid for by the party concerned