The global pandemic has rapidly accelerated the need for digital business transformation. Enterprises experienced unprecedented disruption, including the shift to a mostly remote workforce, making it challenging to respond to the ever-increasing threat landscape.
According to analyst firm Gartner: “As the new normal takes shape, all organisations will need constant assurance, a forever on-defensive posture, and clarity in what they have and what they need to remain secure.”
Read the recent report published by Gartner, which highlights the eight most critical trends that security and risk management leaders need to leverage.
Security and risk management leaders seeking to capitalise on these trends should focus on:
- Location-independent security: “Plan security technology selection and adjust old processes for the new reality of permanent remote or hybrid work by creating a cybersecurity mesh foundation based on security analytics, intelligence and triggering, distributed identity fabric, and policy management and orchestration. Invest in how better to secure identities.”
- Security organisation evolution: “Plan for vendor consolidation by evaluating the internal and external factors that drive the need for vendor consolidation, and speak to cybersecurity risk in a business context in order to make it relevant to stakeholders who drive decision making.”
- Security technology evolution: “Identify use cases for privacy-enhancing cryptography techniques by assessing data processing activities that require the use of sensitive or personal data. Add breach attack simulation to security resilience programmes alongside other methods of managing security exposure. Assess the different tools that must be used for machine ID management.”
About Skybox Security
Over 500 of the largest and most security-conscious enterprises in the world rely on Skybox for the insights and assurance required to stay ahead of dynamically changing attack surfaces. Our Security Posture Management Platform delivers complete visibility, analytics and automation to quickly map, prioritise and remediate vulnerabilities across your organisation. The vendor-agnostic solution intelligently optimises security policies, actions and change processes across all corporate networks and cloud environments. With Skybox, security teams can now focus on the most strategic business initiatives while ensuring enterprises remain protected.
- Visit www.skyboxsecurity.com for more information
- Check out the latest Skybox Security content on hub.techcentral.co.za/skybox
- This promoted content was paid for by the party concerned