MTN Group CEO Rob Shuter has been granted more than R38-million in shares under the telecommunications operator’s performance share plan. The shares will vest in three years’ time.
Shuter was awarded 436 600 shares at a market price of R87.79/share.
In a regulatory filing on Monday, MTN said it has awarded shares to several directors as well as directors of major subsidiaries.
Group chief financial officer Ralph Mupita received 190 200 shares valued at R16.7-million. Like Shuter, Mupita (and other beneficiaries) must wait three years before the shares vest.
Others who have been awarded shares under the performance plan are:
- Jens Schulte-Bockum: 205 500 shares worth R18-million;
- Paul Norman: 94 600 shares worth R8.3-million;
- Karl Toriola: 114 000 shares worth R10-million;
- Ferdi Moolman: 112 900 shares worth R9.9-million;
- Godfrey Motsa: 114 100 shares worth R10-million;
- Sandile Ntsele: 57 000 shares worth R5-million;
- M Mothapo (associate of Ntsele’s): 6 200 shares worth R544 000. — © 2018 NewsCentral Media