Nasdaq-listed Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, has announced an expansion to its FortiCare and FortiGuard security services offerings, adding a new security service called FortiTrust. FortiTrust security services offer user-based licensing across all networks, endpoints and clouds, which traditionally have been siloed. Initial service levels are being offered for zero-trust network access (ZTNA) and identity verification, with more offerings coming.
Redefining the future of security services
FortiTrust provides security services that follow the user across an organisation’s entire security platform, enabling organisations to manage and secure across all form factors easily. Other benefits of the new offering include:
- Flexible user-based licensing of security services, eliminating the need to track device counts or bandwidth consumption and making it easy to calculate total cost with built-in volume discounts.
- Integrated single licence for security services delivers desired use cases across the Fortinet Security Fabric.
- Easy implementation of new security services allows users to transition across various form factors, enabling organisations with hybrid architectures to shift from on-premises to cloud-delivered security.
- Easy options to upgrade and migrate between services.
“As the digital attack surface expands with billions of edges that need to be protected, organisations are struggling to support an array of point security solutions and disparate services. Solution and services sprawl has now grown too difficult and too expensive to manage when they are siloed across various form factors. According to Gartner, organisations are moving towards security solutions with integrated services offerings. Fortinet is redefining services by expanding its security services options – which currently include FortiCare and FortiGuard – with FortiTrust, enabling a unified offering with one licensing model for flexible consumption options across networks, endpoints and clouds.” — John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet
Expanding security services portfolio
FortiTrust adds to Fortinet’s existing FortiCare and FortiGuard security services portfolio. FortiCare services are available for all Fortinet Security Fabric products. FortiCare offers three levels of services, including Essential, Premium and Elite, all providing 24×7 technical support and timely issue resolution. FortiCare also offers several product and account-based service options to address the unique needs of any organisation. Through FortiCare, organisations have access to Fortinet experts to help accelerate technology implementation, provide reliable assistance through advanced support, and offer proactive care to maximise security and performance of Fortinet deployments.
FortiGuard Security Services provide organisations with different services tied to their Fortinet devices, enabling coordinated and consistent real-time defence against the latest cyberattacks. FortiGuard Security Services are tuned around different customer segments to include individual services for enterprises, bundles for commercial, and packages for small and medium businesses. Leveraging industry-leading threat intelligence from FortiGuard Labs, FortiGuard Security Services offers a suite of market-leading, AI-enabled security capabilities that continuously assesses risks and automatically adjusts protection across the Fortinet Security Fabric.
Updates and additional expansions to these services will be forthcoming.
Protecting people, devices and data – everywhere
The proliferation of new devices and edges, and investments in digital innovations, continue to expand the digital attack surface. Many organisations are challenged with protecting across their entire infrastructure as the threat landscape has become much more sophisticated and harder to manage with isolated point products and disparate services. This complexity is compounded with different pricing structures for services and multiple licensing models, ranging from device based to hardware based and user based that have remained siloed across form factors.
Expanding on the Fortinet Security Fabric’s ability to protect people, devices, applications and data everywhere, FortiTrust provides organisations with a unified services offering to secure across any network, endpoint or cloud with simplified consumption and one licensing model for all form factors. As a result of Fortinet’s expanded services offerings, organisations can further protect the growing digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications and connections from the data centre to the cloud to the home office and more.
FortiTrust Access and FortiTrust Identity
FortiTrust’s initial services portfolio includes FortiTrust Access and FortiTrust Identity, with additional services options for SASE and CASB planned. FortiTrust Access allows organisations to deploy zero-trust network access (ZTNA) with user-based licensing. ZTNA is crucial to maintaining consistent protection, visibility and control across today’s hybrid and highly distributed networks.
ZTNA allows organisations to extend secure access controls to applications for any user. FortiTrust Access provides organisations with services for ZTNA, including the ZTNA agent and cloud-based orchestration. This further builds on Fortinet’s ZTNA solutions, which uniquely identify and classify all users and devices seeking network and application access, regardless of whether users and their devices are on or off the network, or whether applications are on-premises or in a cloud environment.
Another FortiTrust service level is FortiTrust Identity. FortiTrust Identity offers cloud-based multi-factor authentication for identify verification. FortiTrust Identity complements FortiTrust Access, providing the necessary multi-factor authentication recommended for controlling application access.
All Fortinet’s services are also available through partners, presenting an opportunity for channel partners to further grow their business and offerings to customers.
- Read our blog to learn more about Fortinet’s latest security services with the introduction of FortiTrust.
- Watch how Fortinet makes possible a digital world you can always trust.
- View how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated and automated protection across an organisation’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Learn more about the Fortinet Open Ecosystem, which provides integrated solutions to customers for comprehensive end-to-end security.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organisations.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), or about the Fortinet Network Security Expert programme, Security Academy programme and Veterans programme.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs’ global threat intelligence and research and the FortiGuard Security Subscriptions and Services portfolio.
- Engage in the Fortinet User Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on YouTube.
Fortinet (Nasdaq: FTNT) makes possible a digital world that we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices, applications and data everywhere. This is why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers and government organisations choose Fortinet to accelerate their digital journey securely. The Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated and automated protection across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications and connections from the data centre to the cloud to the home office. Ranking number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide, more than 510 000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. And the Fortinet NSE Training Institute, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), provides one of the largest and broadest training programmes in the industry to make cyber training and new career opportunities available to everyone. Learn more at www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet blog or FortiGuard Labs.
- This promoted content was paid for by the party concerned