Coverage is live now, Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes has told TechCentral, with commercial propositions to follow.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Get the best South African technology news and analysis delivered to your e-mail inbox every morning.
Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes has told TechCentral that the big two would cannibalise themselves chasing MVNOs.
Talks with Starlink and Amazon Leo cover resale and a possible direct-to-device play, says Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes.
A R7.15-million CSIR study into clean coal is done, but the test plant is unbuilt, underfunded and years from results.
More News
The French broadcaster has claimed it can work around local ownership rules. Experts don’t necessarily agree.
TechCentral is thrilled to announce the launch of TCS Legends, featuring South Africans who achieved great things in tech.
Music from Africa is gaining a global audience with help from social media platforms such as TikTok.
Meta Platforms added $196-billion in stock market value on Friday, marking the biggest one-day gain in any share in US history.
Vodacom Group, including Safaricom, has topped 200 million customers for the first time – doubling from 100 million in 2018.
Plans to introduce digital radio as an alternative to the analogue FM and AM bands in South Africa appear to have fizzled out.
World News
Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the country’s largest lender, has accused Apple of uncompetitive behaviour over control of payments on its phones.
Apple has blacklisted Fortnite from the iPhone maker’s popular App Store for several years until all the court appeals are done, Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney said on Wednesday.
In the face of criticism, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey early this year promised a different mentality. So far, there’s little to show for it.
Cryptocurrency firms are fighting for lobbyists and fielding subpoenas in what could be an existential fight over how the multitrillion-dollar industry should be regulated.
Africa’s start-ups are seizing an opportunity they say Google and Apple have missed – making apps for non-smartphones. In a region where the average customer doesn’t own a smartphone or a bank card, hundreds of millions
Telkom is betting its FreeMe packages, announced on Thursday night and available from today (Monday), will shake up the South African mobile market. And, when they’re compared side by side with similar offers from rivals, it’s

































