Coverage is live now, Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes has told TechCentral, with commercial propositions to follow.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Get the best South African technology news and analysis delivered to your e-mail inbox every morning.
Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes has told TechCentral that the big two would cannibalise themselves chasing MVNOs.
Talks with Starlink and Amazon Leo cover resale and a possible direct-to-device play, says Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes.
A R7.15-million CSIR study into clean coal is done, but the test plant is unbuilt, underfunded and years from results.
More News
Blue Label Telecoms, through its subsidiary The Prepaid Company, is moving to acquire control of Cell C.
The Post Office will not be liquidated but thousands of jobs are now set to go after creditors agreed to a rescue plan.
Nvidia has launched its GeForce Now cloud gaming platform in South Africa in partnership with Rain.
Dan Marokane is expected to be appointed as the new CEO of Eskom after an almost year-long search for a candidate.
DataEQ has tracked how consumers feel about seven of the country’s leading internet service providers – and it’s not good.
The is ongoing concern over South Africa’s economic outlook, with consumer confidence plunging to a 20-year low.
World News
Google has asked a judge hearing the US justice department’s antitrust lawsuit against the search giant to compel Microsoft to turn over documents, saying it has failed to comply with a subpoena.
Elon Musk’s brain-chip start-up, Neuralink, has raised US$205-million in a funding round led by Dubai-based venture capital firm Vy Capital, with participation from Google Ventures.
The International Space Station was thrown briefly out of control on Thursday when jet thrusters of a newly arrived Russian research module inadvertently fired a few hours after it was docked to the orbiting outpost.
China’s unprecedented crackdown on its technology industry has turned Tencent Holdings from a market darling into the world’s biggest stock loser this month.
At some point, JSE-listed Altron’s bombed out share price is going to look like a bargain. But it’s hard to know when that will be. The Venter-run family business last week announced a loss of R1,1bn for the year to February, drowning the previous
Apple’s share price, which peaked above US$132 a year ago, is now around $94. This is despite the news that Warren Buffett’s investment conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway had recently acquired more than 9,8m Apple shares. Since
































