Browsing: Cell C

MTN has been named by independent researchers as the overall best network to use when travelling abroad. Tariffic, a company that helps businesses and individuals manage their mobile bills by applying complex software to find the best packages to suit their needs, has released

Cell C intends listing on the JSE within the next few years to unlock value for shareholders and staff. This comes in the wake of news this week that Blue Label Telecoms has tabled an offer to acquire a 35% stake in South Africa’s third mobile operator for R4bn

Blue Label Telecoms is acquiring 35% of Cell C, injecting R4bn in new capital as part of a major restructuring of the telecommunications operator that will lead to current controlling shareholder

The sale of Altech Autopage’s subscriber base has been referred back to the Competition Commission, putting into question a planned shutdown date. In September, Johannesburg listed

The Competition Commission has recommended to the Competition Tribunal that the sale of Altech Autopage’s subscriber bases to mobile operators Vodacom, MTN and Cell C be approved without

Cell C will expand its 4G/LTE network to the Western Cape, the mobile operator said on Wednesday. Commercial switch-on will happen on 1 December. The launch of the LTE network is timed to meet demand from holidaymakers, who are expected to

Something significant transpired on Friday last week that prompted South Africa’s largest telecommunications operator, Vodacom, to review the structure of its acquisition of Neotel, a

The Competition Tribunal has agreed to postpone a hearing regarding a R7bn merger between Vodacom and Neotel indefinitely. This comes after Vodacom released a market update earlier on Monday saying the company is exploring a “revised transaction structure” regarding the Neotel deal

The Competition Tribunal at the weekend agreed to postpone a hearing into the proposed R7bn acquisition of Neotel by Vodacom. This comes after Vodacom and Neotel brought an application for a postponement of the hearing that was scheduled to start on Monday

As Telkom walked away from buying Cell C this week, the mobile operator’s parent, the Dubai-headquartered Oger Telecom, has said a sale is not the only option under consideration. Although