The high court has ordered former SABC chief operating officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng to pay R11.5-million to the public broadcaster within seven days.
Browsing: Hlaudi Motsoeneng
The SABC has launched what it calls a “target operating model” designed to ensure it is self-sufficient and financially sustainable so it doesn’t again have to go to government, cap in hand, for a bailout.
MultiChoice has strongly criticised former communications minister Yunus Carrim, who on Tuesday told the Zondo Commission of Inquiry into state capture that a controversial 2013 channel supply agreement between MultiChoice and the SABC amounted to “policy capture”.
While state-owned enterprises such as Eskom, SAA and the SABC continue to make headlines for all the wrong reasons, one (partially) state-owned company is doing quite well, thank you very much. By Duncan McLeod.
Chris Maroleng, the former MTN Group senior executive, has been fired as chief operating officer of the public broadcaster with immediate effect. He had been in the role for just over a year.
The Competition Commission said on Monday that the controversial channel-supply agreement between MultiChoice and the SABC, signed in 2013, amounted to a merger.
The current board and CEO of the SABC are the strongest the public broadcaster has had in at least 15 years. They should be left to get on with the job of repairing the damage caused by their predecessors.
The SABC on Wednesday set out in detail why it needs to retrench staff, with group CEO Madoda Mxakwe saying the public broadcaster is “technically insolvent”.
The SABC is set to retrench almost a third of its workforce. The public broadcaster set out restructuring plans on Monday evening in which it said as many as 981 of its approximately 3 400 permanent employees may be retrenched.
If former communications minister Roy Padayachie was doing the Guptas’ bidding, as his predecessor, Siphiwe Nyanda, now suggests, it’s deeply disappointing.