The new iPad Pro models have been launched in South Africa, and thanks to a weak rand, coupled with Apple’s higher selling prices, they’re anything but cheap.
The lowest-cost model in the new line-up is the 11-inch 64GB Wi-Fi-only version, which fetches R13 999, according to pricing from Core Group-owned retailer, the iStore.
Those wanting the top-end model — the 12.9-inch Wi-Fi and cellular model with 1TB of storage — will have to cough up a whopping R33 999 (basically the price of a high-end laptop computer).
The full pricing of the models currently available in South Africa is listed below:
- 11-inch 64GB Wi-Fi: R13 999
- 11-inch 256GB Wi-Fi: R16 999
- 11-inch 512GB Wi-Fi: R20 599
- 11-inch 1TB Wi-Fi: R27 799
- 12.9-inch 64GB Wi-Fi: R17 899
- 12.9-inch 256GB Wi-Fi: R20 599
- 12.9-inch 512GB Wi-Fi: R24 199
- 12.9-inch 1TB Wi-Fi: R31 299
- 12.9-inch 64GB Wi-Fi and cellular: R20 599
- 12.9-inch 256GB Wi-Fi and cellular: R23 229
- 12.9-inch 512GB Wi-Fi and cellular: R26 899
- 12.9-inch 1TB Wi-Fi and cellular: R33 999
The second-generation Apple Pencil fetches R2 499, up R500 from the first-generation model.
At the same time, the iStore has released pricing for the new MacBook Air. A 128GB Core i5 model costs R21 499, while a 256GB model with the same processor costs R24 999.
The new Mac mini starts at R13 999, the iStore said.
It’s going to be an expensive Christmas for Apple fans. — (c) 2018 NewsCentral Media