Browsing: News

All the latest technology news from South Africa and around the world.

SA is getting a second mobile virtual network operator. TechCentral has learnt exclusively that Red Bull, the energy-drinks company, will launch a virtual network operator

Embattled SABC CEO Solly Mokoetle has resigned due to an “irretrievable breakdown” in the relationship between himself and the public broadcaster’s board

The Competition Commission has lost a battle in a case against Telkom in a matter heard by the Competition Tribunal last year. The tribunal ruled on Wednesday that the

The north Gauteng high court has dismissed a case against Telkom, which could have seen the fixed-line operator pay up to R1,7bn to black-led telecommunications infrastructure provider Bihati Solutions

Telkom acting CEO Jeffrey Hedberg’s decision to not renew his contract at the end of March was a “calamity”, trade union Solidarity said on Tuesday. “The decision by Hedberg, an expert in the field of turnaround

Magix Integration, one of the remaining components of now-defunct IT group MGX, which failed spectacularly early last decade, is being bought out by a US-listed technology company

The National Association of Manufacturers in Electronics Components (Namec) will hold an urgent meeting this week to decide how best to contest cabinet’s decision that SA will use the European standard for digital terrestrial television

Neotel parent, India’s Tata Communications, has a new CEO. The company has announced that Vinod Kumar will replace Srinath Narasimhan on 1 February.

The Communication Workers Union (CWU) has not received formal notification from Neotel that it plans to retrench workers, a union spokesman said on Friday. “As the situation stands, CWU has not yet formally received any