At the recent Cloud & AI Forum 2019 in Cape Town, Huawei launched its new-generation, intelligent, all-flash storage product, the OceanStor Dorado, which runs on the powerful Kunpeng and Ascend processors.
Huawei Dorado leverages unique FlashLink technology to optimise the collaboration between chips (including CPU, SSD controller and AI chips) and storage operating systems, fully unleashing the power of all-flash storage with intelligent AI acceleration.
The performance yields up to 20 million IOPS, with less than 0.1ms latency — more than 100% better than competitors.
The system uses the SmartMatrix fully-interconnected, truly Active-Active architecture, which tolerates the failure of seven out of the eight controllers, the highest in the industry (most vendors only tolerate failure of up to three of four controllers), ensuring always-on core services.
In addition to high performance and reliability, Huawei Dorado helps reduce costs while improving efficiency. Huawei Dorado can provide a data reduction ratio at least 20% higher than the industry average and 33% higher capacity density because of Huawei self-developed high-density Palm SSD.
Based on these new technologies, Huawei Dorado can help customers to reduce their operational expenditure by 30% than peer vendors’ solution. Furthermore, coupling the new series with the Flash Only Plus programme enables customers to enjoy cutting-edge all-flash storage advantages and service experience in the most cost-effective way.
In any enterprise digital transformation journey, data has become a driving development force, much like coal’s role in the first industrial Revolution.
Andy Xu, vice president of Huawei’s intelligent data and storage product line, said: “In the digital economy, new connections and applications are accelerating data production and flows. With the rapid development of cutting-edge technologies such as 5G, cloud and AI, a diverse range of applications and massive amounts of data are generated, which pose demanding requirements on real-time data processing. Data infrastructures must be upgraded to fulfil these demands. OceanStor Dorado intelligent all-flash storage is the new-generation intelligent storage solution that embodies Huawei’s years of experience in all-flash storage technologies, and aims to better help customers get the most value possible from their data value.”
Ever fast, ever solid, and AI-powered OceanStor Dorado intelligent all-flash Storage redefined All Flash Array’s benchmark in the world in terms of performance, reliability and data density.
The OceanStor Dorado has the following innovative features:
- Updated FlashLink technology with distributed computing, AI acceleration and disk-controller collaboration boosts the world leading performance 100% or more above than industry average.
- Based on the Kunpeng 920, NIC chip, management chip, SSD controller chip and AI-powered Ascend 310 processor, the OceanStor Dorado end-to-end platform delivers best-in-class 20 million IOPS and 0.1ms latency, meeting real-time application requirements.
- Truly A-A architecture supports seven controllers with a failure tolerance guarantee. Storage is always online.
- The SmartMatrix fully interconnected, high-reliability architecture ensures service running even when seven of the eight controllers fail simultaneously, setting a new benchmark for storage reliability.
- Unique algorithm plus hardware innovation achieves 30% data density improvement.
- The data reduction ratio at least 20% higher than the industry average by Huawei’s unique algorithms, and 33% less space is used than the industry average.
Huawei Cloud & AI Forum is an event hosted by Huawei for the African ICT industry and was held in Cape Town on 13 November 2019. This year’s conference was themed on “Building an Intelligent Africa” and aimed to establish an open, cooperative and shared platform for customers and partners to explore new opportunities for an intelligent future.
For more information, please visit Huawei online at www.huawei.com.
- This promoted content was paid for by the party concerned