Maziv is the new name of the parent company of Vumatel and Dark Fibre Africa that will soon, pending regulatory approvals, be 30% owned by Vodacom.
Browsing: New GX Capital
The thousands of camera poles deployed by Vumacam provide an ideal opportunity to deploy next-generation 5G broadband into neighbourhoods, Remgro said.
Two of South Africa’s biggest fibre providers, Vumatel and Dark Fibre Africa, are being folded into a new infrastructure holding company to be led by Vuma CEO Dietlof Mare.
The industry body has lodged an objection with the Competition Commission over Vodacom’s plan to buy a significant minority stake in CIVH.
Dark Fibre Africa has informed staff that it will embark on a significant restructuring and cost-cutting process that will include retrenchments.
Vodacom Group will acquire a co-controlling interest, along with Remgro and New GX Capital, in a new entity made up of assets including Vumatel and Dark Fibre Africa.
Stanlib Asset Management has invested R2.4-billion in the Khudu Pitje family-controlled company to accelerate the roll-out of broadband across the country.
Outgoing Vodacom Group chief technology officer Andries Delport will join CIVH as CTO where he will drive the strategy around the Remgro-controlled group’s big expansion plans in the telecommunications sector.
Community Investment Ventures Holdings, a shareholder in Dark Fibre Africa, announced on Friday is has bought 34.9% of fibre-to-the-home pioneer Vumatel and plans to buy the remaining 65.1% soon, subject
Dartcom Fibre Solutions has launched a new fibre factory near Mamelodi in Pretoria that, at peak, will produce about 12 000km of fibre-optic cabling a year. The company, which is controlled by New GX Capital, an investment group focused