Government has clarified President Jacob Zuma’s role in the leadership of state-owned enterprises amid allegations of state capture where the Guptas use their friendship with Zuma as a way of
Author: Agency Staff
Media reports saying that former SABC CEO Frans Matlala got a severance package of R18m are false, said his incumbent James Aguma on Tuesday at parliament. Media reports suggested that
Negotiations between Telkom and the Communication Workers Union over a pay dispute have hit a roadblock. The CWU, which is behind a strike against Telkom, says workers at the
President Jacob Zuma is trying to reassert his authority by bidding to wield greater control over state-owned companies after the ANC’s worst-ever electoral showing. The cabinet announced plans on Monday
South African Reserve Bank governor Lesetja Kganyago has expressed openness to blockchain technologies which underlie cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. Blockchain technology acts as a digital distributed ledger
A Gauteng television sales account executive at the SABC was allegedly paid a multimillion-rand settlement after he was suspended last year. It has been reliably established that the advertising
The SABC operated within broadcasting legislation and the constitution when it decided not to broadcast violent protests, said communications minister Faith Muthambi. Muthambi and a delegation
The SABC is experiencing no financial crisis. In fact, the auditor-general is “very happy” with the state of the public broadcaster’s finances, said SABC board member Aaron Tshidzumba on Tuesday. He was part
The rand fell to its weakest level against the dollar in three weeks after the Daily Maverick website said a police unit had ordered finance minister Pravin Gordhan to report to its offices on Thursday, raising concern the
Government hasn’t changed its position on the Independent Power Producers (IPP) programme, as it is one of the best in the world and has attracted considerable investment from the private sector, said Jeff Radebe










