The deluge of new vulnerabilities reported so far in 2020 needs to be understood with knowledge of continuously changing internal and external factors. The chaos of the past six months has forced businesses to change strategies and led to a rise in cyber criminality, which makes understanding this context more important than ever.
The mid-year update to the 2020 Vulnerability and Threat Trends Report has been created to give CISOs and security leaders the perspective needed to see what’s shaping the threat landscape and, in turn, their defence strategies as they navigate the Covid-19 crisis.
Key findings of the report include:
- 2020 vulnerability reports will likely hit 20 000 — a new record;
- New ransomware and trojan samples have soared during the pandemic;
- OT security advisories have increased, underscoring the need for greater protection at a time of increased nation-state and criminal threats; and
- Mobile and browser-based vulnerabilities have grown in volume, adding new complexities for security teams as they deal with overlapping personal and corporate networks.
Click here to access the 2020 Vulnerability and Threat Trends Report, brought to you by Skybox Security.
About Skybox Security
At Skybox Security, we provide you with cybersecurity management solutions to help your organisation innovate rapidly and with confidence. We get to the root of cybersecurity issues, giving you better visibility, context and automation across a variety of use cases. By integrating data, delivering new insights and unifying processes, you’re able to control security without restricting operational agility. Skybox’s comprehensive solution unites different security perspectives into the big picture, minimises risk and empowers security programmes to move to the next level. With obstacles and complexities removed, you can stay informed, work smarter and drive your organisation forward, faster.
- This promoted content was paid for by the party concerned