The events of 2020 have brought about radical changes for the cybersecurity industry. The way that businesses work dramatically changed, and IT and security organisations were challenged to support a completely remote workforce – often within 24 hours. The rapid expansion to cloud and accelerated growth of IT assets, combined with a severe shortage of security personnel, has left organisations struggling to protect against cybersecurity attacks effectively and proactively.
A new global survey explores how security practitioners and C-level executives have addressed the demands of securing remote workers, and what the future implications are from these decisions.
Key findings of the report include:
- The distributed workforce is here to stay — 70% believe that one-third of employees will be remote 18 months from now.
- The move to remote working has introduced new risk — 73% of C-level executives are concerned that the distributed workforce has introduced new vulnerabilities and increased exposures.
- Critical tasks have been deprioritised — Although mobile vulnerabilities have increased by 50%, BYOD policies have been downgraded.
- There is a crisis of overconfidence — Despite 93% expressing confidence that changes have been properly validated, over half said it was at least moderately difficult for them to validate that configurations did not introduce risk.
About Skybox Security
Over 700 of the largest and most security-conscious enterprises in the world rely on Skybox for the insights and assurance required to stay ahead of dynamically changing attack surfaces. At Skybox, we don’t just serve up data and information. We provide the intelligence and context to make informed decisions, taking the guesswork out of securely enabling enterprises at scale and speed. Our unified security posture management platform delivers complete visibility, analytics and automation to quickly map, prioritise and remediate vulnerabilities across your organisation. The vendor-agnostic platform intelligently optimises security policies, actions and change process across all corporate networks and cloud environments. With Skybox, security teams can now focus on the most strategic business initiatives while ensuring enterprises remain protected.
We are Skybox. Secure more, limit less. www.skyboxsecurity.com
- This promoted content was paid for by the party concerned