Atria Convergence Technologies (ACT), the largest Internet service provider in South India, provides services in five states: Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Delhi. ACT brings state-of-the-art services, including Fibernet (Internet over fiber-optics), digital TV and high-definition TV to more than two million satisfied customers in the country.
With a vision to become the most admired in-home entertainment, education and interactive service company in India, ACT strives to create radical social transformation and empower customers.
To achieve this vision, ACT has transformed the way they provide enterprise access and hotspot services, as the company grows its Internet access provider business. Indeed, Wi-Fi hotspot services have become one of the company’s most popular offerings.
Surge in the number of wireless terminals Is straining Wi-Fi networks
ACT plans to develop urban Wi-Fi hotspots featuring comprehensive and outstanding “informatisation” capabilities. By doing so, ACT aims to lay a solid foundation to drive innovation in cities, improving their overall strength and competitiveness.
Against this backdrop, ACT is committed to bringing one-stop information services to governments, enterprises, households and individuals, while building a high-quality business and living environment for customers. The widespread deployment of Wi-Fi hotspots will play a pivotal role in a city’s development, benefiting commercial enterprises, social management and public services, as well as improving the quality of life for residents.
In India, the rapid development of mobile Internet and the popularity of smart terminals have led to a surge in the number of connected devices at urban centres, such as stations and airports. As such, building outstanding Wi-Fi networks has become a top priority for the company. However, a host of challenges need to be addressed before Wi-Fi can be monetised, such as ensuring high-density access, achieving uninterrupted network access while roaming, and simplifying access authentication.
Huawei Wi-Fi 6 solution optimises Wi-Fi coverage, simplifies O&M and broadens business opportunities
To meet the requirements of densely populated areas, ACT has adopted Huawei’s industry-leading Wi-Fi 6 solution. This solution consists of a Wi-Fi network, a network management centre and a platform for operations.
- Wi-Fi network: Access points (APs) are deployed to build versatile Wi-Fi networks that can handle a wide range of scenarios. With Huawei’s advanced network planning and optimisation tools integrated in the solution, access experience is assured even in high-density and highly mobile environments.
- Network management centre: APs distributed across different areas can be centrally managed. The centre also offers unified authentication management and policy control over wireless access users, simplifying and securing access to Wi-Fi networks.
- Operation platform: Provides a range of value-added services (VASes) through comprehensive and high-quality wireless signal coverage, such as advertisements, direct marketing and big data analytics, helping ACT improve the business value of their Wi-Fi service.
ACT contributes to enterprise and social development without sacrificing business monetisation
Leveraging Huawei Wi-Fi 6, ACT built Wi-Fi hotspots designed for high-density environments such as shopping malls, stations and airports. Enterprises and residents get to enjoy a superior Wi-Fi experience, while the overall operation quality and efficiency of cities improve. In addition, Huawei’s solution promotes the monetisation of Wi-Fi hotspots and accelerates ACT growth by offering:
- Higher business benefits and service quality: Huawei’s Wi-Fi 6 solution helps ACT provide ubiquitous Wi-Fi connections for commercial enterprises and residents. Better connectivity encourages residents to in shopping malls and public areas for longer, boosting the development of local enterprises.
- Higher development efficiency across industries: Huawei’s solution simplifies IT infrastructure for enterprises and sectors such as government, education and aviation, reducing investment costs for industry customers while enhancing user experience.
- Higher public satisfaction: Huawei’s solution provides high-speed and stable Internet access, significantly improving the satisfaction for residents and tourists alike.
- Excellent Wi-Fi experience: Featuring high bandwidth, low latency and seamless roaming, users are able to get a world-class Wi-Fi experience. In addition, this solution provides comprehensive user security authentication policies and supports interconnection with third-party authentication and accounting servers, accelerating the monetisation of Wi-Fi for ACT.
- This promoted content was paid for by the party concerned