An independent specialist will investigate a website tender worth more than R100m and awarded by the Free State government, civil rights organisation AfriForum said on Tuesday. “The exorbitant amounts alone are worrying, and the further one reads
Browsing: News
All the latest technology news from South Africa and around the world.
Struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry has halted trade in its shares in New York and Toronto after announcing on Monday morning that its board is forming a special committee to “explore strategic alternatives”, which could include a sale of the company
Cell C has appointed Robert Pasley to the combined position of chief financial and strategy officer with immediate effect, the mobile operator said on Monday. Pasley takes over the finance role from Fabrizio Mambrini, who resigned in January. Mambrini left Cell C to return to the company’s foreign parent
A group of wealthy businessmen have emerged as the financial backers of a former Vodacom employee’s civil claim involving the company’s “Please call me” service, Business Day reported on Monday. Pretoria attorney Chris Schoeman and two partners
The Hawks are investigating a multimillion rand eNatis contract after allegations of fraud emerged, The Times reported on Monday. “The case has to do with eNatis … that the contract [allegedly] did not go through tender processes,” Hawks spokesman Paul Ramaloko was quoted as saying
Decisive action will be taken against any ANC member who might be behind the death threats against two MPs, the party said at the weekend. “Should any of those behind the threats be found to be ANC members, the organisation will not hesitate to take stern action against them as we regard such
The Democratic Alliance has called on ANC chief whip Stone Sizani to suspend Dina Pule, the former communications minister, as an MP “pending the outcome of an investigation into allegations that she is threatening the safety of other MPs and parliamentary personnel”. Should
Senior ANC MP Ben Turok confirmed on Sunday that he had been assigned bodyguards after a man claimed he was asked to kill parliamentarians probing misconduct allegations against fired communications minister Dina Pule. “The head of parliament’s
The chairman and registrar of parliament’s joint portfolio committee on ethics and members’ interests say they were threatened with harm while conducting their investigation into the conduct of former communications minister Dina Pule. On Wednesday, a multiparty
Former communications minister Dina Pule should face criminal charges for her misconduct, Corruption Watch said on Thursday. “It is important to note that Pule is not an ordinary member of parliament, but held a cabinet post vital to South Africa’s wellbeing and economic prospects,” spokesman











