MultiChoice Group said on Monday its core headline earnings per share (Heps) for the half year that ended 30 September will be between 40-45% higher than the corresponding period last year.
Browsing: Broadcasting and Media
The SABC has rubbished reports that it’s demanding that Netflix and other Internet streaming companies collect television licence fees on its behalf.
Telkom and the SABC have partnered to launch a new online streaming video service called TelkomONE, which will house the public broadcaster’s free-to-air radio and television channels.
The SABC has issued a request for information from streaming-media platform experts as it gears up to launch its own so-called “over-the-top” digital streaming service akin to Netflix and Showmax.
MultiChoice Group disclosed on Thursday that French pay-television giant Groupe Canal+ has continued buying up its shares, so much so that its stake has doubled to 12% in the past month.
Netflix posted its weakest subscriber gains in four years as streaming competition increased, pandemic restrictions eased and live sports returned to television.
The SABC has told parliament that it simply cannot afford to pay Sentech’s “prohibitive” fees for broadcast signal distribution and that these fees must be cut in half with immediate effect.
Netflix is showing more African-made content and working with telecommunications operators to make it easier for potential subscribers to make payments, a senior executive said on Tuesday.
The SABC has concluded consultations with staff and labour unions under section 189 of the Labour Relations Act and will now implement sweeping job cuts as part of a board-led plan to turn around the struggling public broadcaster.
Nyiko Shiburi has been appointed as CEO of MultiChoice South Africa, replacing Mark Rayner, as the pay-television group announces sweeping management changes.