US President Donald Trump said on Thursday that China’s Huawei, which was put on a US blacklist earlier this month, could be part of a trade pact with the country.
Browsing: Telecoms
Vodacom, MTN and Cell C have all shown a decline in customer satisfaction scores in the past year, though MTN and Cell C lag their bigger rival, according to new research.
Phone companies are scrapping plans to sell Huawei handsets as the impact of a US supply ban spreads, threatening to impede the Chinese technology giant’s global smartphone ambitions.
Huawei said it’s working on its own operating system for its mobile handsets, and will consider rivals to Google’s Android, after the US blacklisted the company.
US President Donald Trump’s move to put Huawei on an export blacklist threatens to shake the entire telecommunications industry.
Many view the US action against Huawei Technologies as just another twist in President Donald Trump’s broader trade war. That may be naive.
The temporary reprieve means Google will be able to provide key Android security updates during the 90-day time frame, but future Huawei phones will still lack Google’s apps.
The news that Google and US chip makers have frozen the supply of critical software and components to Huawei will have severe consequences for businesses and consumers, including in South Africa. By Duncan McLeod.
In its struggle with China over trade and national security, the US has many legitimate grievances, and a variety of weapons for seeking redress. That doesn’t mean it should use all of them.
The impact of the Trump administration’s threats to choke Huawei reverberated across the global supply chain on Monday, hitting some of the biggest component makers.










