Top US corporations from chip makers to Google have frozen the supply of critical software and components to Huawei, complying with a Trump administration crackdown that threatens to choke off China’s largest technology company.
Browsing: Telecoms
MTN South Africa has buckled under consumer pressure and will no longer implement its plan to introduce a “universal” 1MB out-of-bundle rate, from consumers would have to opt out.
MTN Group’s Nigerian unit soared another 10% on its second day of trading in Lagos as investors rushed to grab a slice of the country’s only listed mobile phone company.
MTN Group’s Nigerian unit’s shares jumped as they began trading in Lagos, a step toward a partial sale of a majority 79% stake owned by Africa’s largest wireless carrier.
The Trump administration is pulling out the big guns in its push to slow China’s rise, with potentially devastating consequences for the rest of the world.
To ban Huawei without levying charges would raise tensions between Washington and Beijing by an order of magnitude greater than anything we’ve seen so far.
Donald Trump has ratcheted up his battle with China for dominance of 5G technology networks, moving to curb Huawei’s access to the US market and American suppliers.
MTN Group said on Wednesday that its Nigerian subsidiary has received approval to list on the premium board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Vodacom and Telkom will complete the work they need to do for their roaming agreement by the June deadline, Vodacom Group CEO Shameel Joosub said this week.
US President Donald Trump plans in coming days to sign an executive order that would prohibit American firms from using gear made by foreign telecommunications companies.







