MultiChoice Group CEO David Mignot has confirmed big decisions are coming soon regarding the loss-making Showmax.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Get the best South African technology news and analysis delivered to your e-mail inbox every morning.
Africa Analysis MD Andre Wills says MTN’s R35-billion tower buyback is a one-off, not a trend reversal.
DStv subscribers will not face a price increase in April, marking a significant strategic shift under new owner Canal+.
Gen Z didn’t break the internet – but TechCentral’s newest editorial intern wonders whether it’s time to fix it.
More News
MTN South Africa will increase prices for its consumer contract customers with effect from February 2026 but is promising more value.
Sita will look to Magatho Mello to stabilise the organisation as it executes its turnaround strategy.
Eskom has launched Eskom Green and advanced its unbundling plan, paving the way for a more competitive electricity market.
Elon Musk’s SpaceX is said to be looking to raise more than $25-billion through a public listing in 2026.
The US trade representative has hinted the country may treat South Africa differently than other African countries.
Australia on Wednesday became the world’s first country to ban social media for children under 16.
World News
Google is arguing against a US department of justice proposal that the company be forced to sell Chrome.
Meta Platforms will open its Threads social network to almost all advertisers globally soon.
China’s CATL on Monday launched a new brand for its sodium-ion batteries, Naxtra, for electric cars.
Venture capital funding for African start-ups shrank again last year, though the share of homegrown investors advanced.
Business which are most likely to use AI are seeing growth in productivity that is almost five times faster than elsewhere.
Still, OpenAI’s unveiling of GPT-4o disappointed enthusiasts who hoped GPT-5’s arrival was imminent.
































