Coverage is live now, Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes has told TechCentral, with commercial propositions to follow.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Get the best South African technology news and analysis delivered to your e-mail inbox every morning.
Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes has told TechCentral that the big two would cannibalise themselves chasing MVNOs.
Talks with Starlink and Amazon Leo cover resale and a possible direct-to-device play, says Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes.
A R7.15-million CSIR study into clean coal is done, but the test plant is unbuilt, underfunded and years from results.
More News
Amazon’s Project Kuiper is an enormous undertaking in an area that has had more bankruptcies than successes.
This was the year of significant advances in generative AI. Here’s where we’re at, and what might come in 2024.
The IEC is working with internet companies to curb fake news ahead of South Africa’s crucial 2024 poll.
Elon Musk’s Starlink is now available in another of South Africa’s neighbouring countries.
MTN Group has launched multiple satellite trials across Africa with Starlink, AST SpaceMobile and Lynk Global.
Apple and Samsung remain the most popular smartphone brands worldwide.
World News
Reddit will raise up to $700-million in a fundraising round, cashing in on a jump in its influence in the financial world to triple its valuation to over $10-billion.
Hackers pulled off one of the biggest-ever cryptocurrency heists on Tuesday. Here’s what we know so far about the heist.
China has denounced Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s comments as “extremely unreasonable, absurd and arrogant”, as Beijing ramped up an 11th-hour effort to prevent a Huawei executive’s extradition to the US.
Hackers returned about half of the $610-million or so they pilfered on Tuesday in what was likely one of the biggest cryptocurrency thefts on record in the burgeoning DeFi sector.
Oracle recently lost its attempt to use patent and copyright law to force Google to pay US$9bn for using parts of its Java computer language. Nine billion dollars isn’t chump change, not even for Google, but despite the
Given the amount of capital South Africa’s big mobile operators are pouring into their networks – well over R20bn between them this year alone – one could be forgiven for thinking the industry isn’t facing the serious headwinds many are predicting in the

































