Telkom CEO Sipho Maseko “omitted facts” in his open letter at the weekend to his counterparts at MTN and Vodacom and his comments were “a bit rich”. That’s the word from MTN South Africa CEO Zunaid Bulbulia, who told TechCentral on Wednesday
Browsing: Telkom
Telkom CEO Sipho Maseko has blasted his rivals at Vodacom and MTN, Shameel Joosub and Zunaid Bulbulia, accusing them of “standing in the way of South Africa’s future” by taking communications regulator Icasa to court over mobile termination rates. In an open letter to the Vodacom
It says it will prescribe clear and concrete developmental mandates and objectives to all state-owned enterprises, which will be gauged by their ability to deliver quality services, the number of jobs they create and the speed at which they expand the
The Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) has scolded Telkom CEO Sipho Maseko, ordering him to attend a corporate governance and director duties course within 90 business days over the granting of a R6m interest-free loan to the company’s
Telkom has published an invitation for interested bidders to apply to partner the fixed-line telecommunications operator in providing video-on-demand (VOD) services to its customers. The move comes after Telkom said last year it was talking to potential VOD
Telkom has weighed in on the battle raging in the telecommunications industry over mobile termination rates, the fees operators pay each other to carry calls between their networks. Group CEO Sipho Maseko says recent moves to oppose reduced rates, which will take effect on 1 April, will delay reducing the cost
Telkom has appointed Alphonzo Samuels as its new chief technology officer. The CTO role is a newly created position in the top management layer at the fixed-line operator. Samuels joined the company in January 1984. During his 30-year
I often wonder if certain captains of industries are entirely disconnected from reality. It’s the only thing that can explain the breathtaking gall of Vodacom CEO Shameel Joosub, who complained publicly that new regulations would cost his company R1bn in 2015, threatening to sue as a result
A decade ago, fierce battles were fought to get a number of Africa’s state-owned telecommunications operators into private hands and to strip them of their monopoly privileges. This happened in all but two of what are now sub-Saharan Africa’s most successful economies. The real laggards are
MTN has taken issue with the final call termination regulations announced by telecommunications regulator Icasa on Wednesday, saying the proposed “asymmetry” that benefits smaller operators is “unsubstantiated”. Under the regulations, smaller operators