Neotel has grown its retail customer base to 70 000 subscribers and hopes to accelerate that growth with the introduction this week of new bundled voice and data products. Originally licensed as the first rival to Telkom, Neotel has
Browsing: News
All the latest technology news from South Africa and around the world.
Vodacom will cut data prices for prepaid customers from 19 September by up to 42%, the country’s largest mobile operator said on Wednesday. This follows price reductions for contract customers announced earlier this month. However, the company has kept
Korean electronics giant Samsung says it believes mirrorless cameras will dominate the market in coming years. The company hopes the cameras will provide compact cameras with the sort of functionality usually limited to digital
BT Group is playing coy over its plans to invest significant capital in fibre-optic network infrastructure in SA, but TechCentral understands an announcement about its plans is imminent. Company executives skirted the issue at a press
Business Connexion (BCX) financial director Vanessa Olver has been appointed to the new position of deputy CEO at the JSE-listed technology company, it said on Tuesday. Olver will also become executive responsible for BCX’s services division
Listed technology company Gijima has plunged deep into the red, reporting a headline loss of 21,73c/share in the year to June 2011 on the back of the settlement of a controversial IT deal with the department of home affairs. The company was
To foster competition in telecommunications, it’s important that local-loop unbundling does not apply only to the fixed access lines owned by Telkom. It must also be extended to the mobile operators. That’s the view of MWeb CEO Rudi Jansen
BlackBerry’s star appears to be waning, especially in developed markets in Europe and the US, with Apple’s iPhone and Google’s Android threatening to eclipse it in smartphones. But BlackBerry maker, Canada’s Research in Motion
The department of communications wants to use the sale of radio frequency spectrum in “high-demand bands” to facilitate the entrance of new infrastructure competitors in SA’s telecommunications industry. “We should allow licensees
The department of communications is determined that SA will meet a self-imposed deadline of switching off analogue television broadcasts by December 2013. Deputy communications minister Obed Bapela says “notwithstanding recent