Coverage is live now, Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes has told TechCentral, with commercial propositions to follow.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Get the best South African technology news and analysis delivered to your e-mail inbox every morning.
Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes has told TechCentral that the big two would cannibalise themselves chasing MVNOs.
Talks with Starlink and Amazon Leo cover resale and a possible direct-to-device play, says Cell C CEO Jorge Mendes.
A R7.15-million CSIR study into clean coal is done, but the test plant is unbuilt, underfunded and years from results.
More News
OpenAI is considering granting special voting rights to its non-profit board to preserve the power of its directors.
Cassava Technologies has announced sweeping management changes it said will gear it for growth.
Talks to license Starlink in South Africa have reportedly stalled over tensions with the Donald Trump administration in the US.
Lungile Binza had been serving as SABC chief operating officer in an acting capacity for the past year.
Software developers in fintech are outearning their counterparts in other sectors.
Professional workers could ultimately become managers of AI’s output, rather than the originators of new ideas and content.
World News
Qualcomm is working with Android smartphone companies to add satellite-based messaging capabilities to their devices.
Nokia has announced plans to change its brand identity for the first time in nearly 60 years, complete with a new logo.
Twitter has laid off at least 200 employees, or about 10% of its workforce, the New York Times reported late on Sunday.
The telecoms equipment maker will lay off the employees globally as part of its plan to cut costs.
It’s deja vu for South Africa as a chronic power deficit plunges large tracts of the country into darkness and casts a pall over the already struggling economy.
Eskom’s warning that the country was threatened by months of rotating blackouts became a reality in less than 24 hours.

































